Future Charging Solutions recently gained the UKAS accreditation of ISO9001. This is the internationally recognized Quality Management System (QMS) standard. ISO9001 is the best known and most credible quality management standard. It shows that a business takes a lot of care when it comes to its products and services.
FCS are delighted to be accredited and the huge benefits this will bring to both its customers & staff. This adds to ISO14001 Environmental & 45001 Health & Safety accreditations already held by FCS.
Some of the benefits to having ISO 9001 are:
- Improved chance of winning contracts
- Certification to ISO 9001 is a strong signal that a business is well-run and credible, removing the need for extensive due diligence. Similarly, many private sector organisations have made it a requirement for their suppliers to be certified to ISO 9001. It signifies that quality is taken seriously and can be relied on in all aspects of the business.
- Higher customer satisfaction. One of the most important aspects of the ISO 9001 standard is tracking customer satisfaction and responding to any issues raised. Companies that seek and maintain ISO 9001 certification prove that they take this issue seriously.
- Reduced product or service problems. ISO 9001 certified businesses are better prepared to deal with the unexpected. For instance, if a product is not up to scratch, there will be processes in place that help to ensure that the problem is dealt with efficiently and does not recur.
- Better management. Appropriate analysis and reporting is a key factor in running a business well. The ISO 9001 standard helps businesses to get this right.
- Increased consistency in business practices. Implementing the practices required by the standard will offer the type of consistency that benefits everyone, including customers. It ensures that processes within a business are common and understood which helps employees be clearer on the tasks involved, rather than spending time thinking about what to do or even making things up.
- Enhanced employee satisfaction and job security. Staff enjoy greater job satisfaction and feel more secure about their jobs in a business where processes are well-defined and clearly managed.
- Lower costs. Achieving and maintaining certification to ISO 9001 can lead to lower insurance premiums. This is because insurers recognise that these businesses have appropriate processes and controls that reduce risks.
- Streamlined business processes. No business wants unnecessary paperwork and yet many are burdened by precisely that. The discipline inherent in the ISO 9001 standard means that business processes should be streamlined. Regular reviews mean that processes should not become flabby.
- Continuous improvement. A good quality management system provides a solid foundation for improvements to be made year on year.
- Overall business improvement. The aggregate effect of the nine individual benefits outlined above is an overall business improvement and consequently profit.